It is really important to look after your sexual health, whether it is about sexually transmitted infection (STIs) or understanding what kinds of contraception is available to you, to keep you safe and healthy.
Southend Sexual Health Service
Sexual health services in southend are provided by Brook Southend offering a wide range of confidential services including STI testing, treatment, contraception (including long-acting and emergency), pregnancy testing, and specialist young people’s services.
You do not need a referral from your GP or any other healthcare professional to access the service.
What services are available?
There are a number of services available, including:
- General sex advice, counselling, and support
- Testing and advice on sexual transmitted disease and sexual transmitted diseases, available by visiting a clinic or using the ‘Test-at-Home’ service which tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis & HIV
- Contraception, including emergency contraception, long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC) and most other forms of contraception. There is also information and services around obtaining a vasectomy.
- Free condom service for young people through the eC-Card scheme and App.
- Pregnancy testing
- Safe sex advice and guidance
How do I access the service?
The service runs an appointment only system to ensure people see the most appropriate person for their needs without a significant wait.
Appointments can be booked by calling the service intelligence centre on 0330 135 5916.